Directions to Crested Butte
Dragonfly Anglers is located right in the center of Crested Butte.
An old mining town turned ski town, Crested Butte is an exciting place to visit. Great fishing and endless activities makes Gunnison county a great destination in the summer and winter.
Excellent restaurants and plenty of lodges and hotels are available.
Crested Butte is one of the most beautiful places you will visit.
Map and Google Directions
View Larger Map
DirectionsFrom U.S. 50 and the town of Gunnison:
- Take state route 135 north approximately 30 miles into town.
- Go straight through the first stop sign.
- At the second stop sign take a left onto Elk Ave.
- Just before 3 blocks we will be on the right hand side.
Scenic Route From Buena Vista (Closed in Winter): CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION THROUGH SUMMER 2018
- Keep in mind this route is a dirt road that travels over a high mountain pass.
- From the center of town take Cottonwood Pass Road west.
- Continue over Cottonwood Pass (12,126 ft. dirt) into Taylor Park where you will reach a stop sign.
- Take a left (you will be on FR 742).
- Continue around the reservoir and down Taylor Canyon into Almont.
- Once you reach Almont take a right on state 135.
- Continue with the directions from U.S. 50:
Scenic Route From The Aspen Valley (Closed in Winter):
Keep in mind this route is a dirt road that travels over a mountain pass.
- Take state route 133 south from the town of Carbondale:
- Continue over McClure pass (8,755 ft. paved) until you reach Paonia Reservoir.
- Just pass the dam on the south end of the reservoir take a left.
- You will be on 12 RD.
- Continue over Kebler Pass (9,980 ft. dirt) and you will end up right in town on Whiterock Ave.
- Take a left on Third St.
- Take a right on Elk Ave., we are the second building on the left.
Check CDOT for Updates on Road Conditions