Deposit and Cancellation Policy
- DEPOSIT POLICY: A deposit of 50% of the trip fee is due upon booking of the trip.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: All deposits are non-transferrable. Cancellations made prior to 14 days before the reserved date will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 14 days, but more than 48 hours prior to the trip will not be refunded their 50% deposit. Cancellations within 48 hours prior to the trip, as well as ‘no shows’ will be charged the full amount of the trip fee. Fishing trips head out rain, snow, or shine; however, the professional guides at Dragonfly Anglers alone reserve the right to cancel a trip due to dangerous weather conditions, at which time a full refund will be given.
- Trip fees include all the fishing gear/equipment you’ll need for your day on the water; waders and boots, rod and reel, terminal tackle (tippet, leader, weights, etc.), and flies.
- Full day trips include lunch.
What’s Not Included
- Any angler over the age of 16 will need to purchase a fishing license. Please visit Colorado Parks and Wildlife for more information and to purchase one online. Licenses can be purchased in person at the shop if you prefer. For float trips, please stop in to purchase your license the day before your trip. For walk-wade trips, you can purchase your license when you meet your guide at the shop the day of your trip. In person license sales are cash only. The State of Colorado requires your social security number to process a license, so please make sure the teens in your group know theirs!
- Gratuity is not included, so please bring cash to tip your guide. Fishing guides are service industry employees, much like a ski instructor or golf pro. Though never expected, tipping 20% or the same as you would at a nice restaurant is appropriate and always greatly appreciated.
Is transportation included in my trip fee? Transportation is not explicitly covered with your trip. Usually, for Walk Wade trips, after meeting your guide at Dragonfly Anglers you will continue in their vehicle to the location of your trip, but this is not guaranteed due to the fact that guides all use their personal vehicles and may not be able to accommodate everyone in your party. For Float Trips, you will meet your guide at a designated put-in location. After your Float Trip, your guide will provide transportation back to your vehicle.
When Will I Hear from My Guide?
- Your guide will contact you the afternoon/evening prior to your trip. At this time, they will provide specific meet time details and locations, as well as discuss trip plans, lunches if applicable, etc.
- We specialize in matching you with a guide that will provide you with the experience you are seeking. The majority of our guides are on the water 5 to 6 days a week. If you request a certain guide, we will schedule you with them should their schedule allow.
What do I need to bring?
We generally like to say that you should dress as if you are going for a day hike. Dress in layers, temperatures can fluctuate as much as 40 degrees throughout the day. The Crested Butte area experiences frequent afternoon thunderstorms, so a rain jacket is highly recommended. It’s most comfortable to wear long pants made of a synthetic fabric, such as hiking pants, joggers, or leggings under your waders. You’ll also want to have a good pair of hiking socks to wear under your waders. Wool is best. A hat with a brim and sunglasses are a must. Polarized sunglasses are preferred, as they will reduce glare and allow you to see fish more easily. Bring sunscreen and a water bottle as well. If you don’t have everything on this list, or if you forget something, we have a whole store full of this stuff! Come see us before your trip.